Filipino Lechon (Roasted Pork Leg)
made it | 0 reviews |
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients4 h 10 m servings 350 cals
Original recipe yields 10 servings (1 6 1/2-pound pork leg)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Rinse pork; pat dry with paper towels. Rub butter all over the skin. Sprinkle salt over the skin.
- Place pork leg on a rack in a roasting pan. Pour water into the bottom of the pan. Cover pan securely with aluminum foil so that steam will not escape.
- Roast in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil. Reduce heat to 320 degrees F (160 degrees C).
- Continue baking, basting with drippings every 30 minutes, until skin is crisp, about 3 1/2 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read 176 degrees F (80 degrees C).
- Place pork leg on a serving platter. Slice into bite-sized portions.
- My recipe for Filipino lechon sauce:
- Filipino Lechon Sauce
Per Serving: 350 calories; 11.9 g fat; 0 g carbohydrates; 60.9 g protein; 170 mg cholesterol; 1944 mg sodium. Full nutrition