Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 25 m servings 92 cals
Original recipe yields 30 servings
- Pound shrimp heads in a mortar until about 1/2 cup juice is released. Drain juice and reserve.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add garlic; cook and stir until slightly brown, 1 to 2 minutes. Add onion; cook until translucent, about 5 minutes. Stir in ham and chorizo; cook until juices release, about 2 minutes. Add pork; cook and stir until no longer pink, about 7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp into the skillet; cook until opaque, about 3 minutes. Add the reserved shrimp juice and mix thoroughly. Add soy sauce and sugar; cook and stir until combined, about 2 minutes more. Add cabbage, potato, chickpeas, celery, carrot, and ubod. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 3 minutes. Let filling cool until safe to handle, at least 10 minutes.
- Lay a lettuce leaf on a lumpia wrapper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the filling over the center of the lettuce. Fold 1 end of the wrapper over the filling to secure the lower end; roll wrapper over to cover. Repeat with remaining lettuce, wrappers, and filling.
- Cook's Note:
- Lumpia Sauce for Fresh Filipino Lumpia:
Per Serving: 92 calories; 2.9 g fat; 8.7 g carbohydrates; 7.6 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 168 mg sodium. Full nutrition