Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 129 cals
Original recipe yields 4 servings (1 medium milkfish)
- Remove scales from the bangus. Cut a slit into the fish lengthwise along the back to remove gills, intestines, and innards. Spread open the fish to expose the flesh; pat dry all over.
- Lay fish flat on a ridged plate and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Spread garlic over the flesh and pour vinegar on top. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator, 1 hour to overnight.
- Discard marinade and pat fish dry with paper towels.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the fish until golden brown and crispy, 7 to 10 minutes.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 129 calories; 9.6 g fat; 1.2 g carbohydrates; 8.9 g protein; 22 mg cholesterol; 70 mg sodium. Full nutrition