Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h servings 91
Original recipe yields 25 servings (25 lumpia)
- Remove scales, gills, and internal organs from bangus. Wash the inside of the fish. Slice open the backside to expose the meat. Pour soy sauce on top; squeeze lemon over the meat.
- Pour enough water into a pot to cover the bangus. Bring to a boil. Add the bangus and boil until fish is no longer pink, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Let bangus cool until safe to handle, at least 10 minutes. Remove bones.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Saute onion and garlic until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the fish meat, peas, carrot, raisins, and celery. Season filling with salt and pepper.
- Wrap 1 tablespoon of the fish filling in a lumpia wrapper. Continue until remaining filling and wrappers are used up.
- Heat vegetable oil in a deep saucepan over medium-high heat. Fry lumpias in batches in the hot oil until just light brown, 5 to 7 minutes per batch.
- Editor's Note:
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 91 calories; 5.4 7.8 3.2 5 105 Full nutrition