Bear's Bodacious Bean Bonanza
Ingredients4 h 30 m servings 409 cals
- Place the dry 16 bean mix into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Or, bring the beans and water to a boil in a large pot over high heat. Once boiling, turn off the heat, cover, and let stand 1 hour. Drain and rinse before using.
- Bring the soaked beans to a boil in a large pot with enough water to cover. Add the diced jerky and simmer for about 2 hours.
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet, and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally, until evenly browned and crispy, about 10 minutes. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the cooled bacon into 1/2-inch pieces.
- Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat, cook and stir the thawed lima beans in the butter until the beans are evenly browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir the bacon, lima beans, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, green beans, wax beans, cream-style corn, ham, onions, bell peppers, carrots, celery, honey, molasses, and brown sugar into the pot with the cooked beans and jerky. Cook another 30 minutes or until the beans are tender.
Per Serving: 409 calories; 11.2 g fat; 56.6 g carbohydrates; 21.6 g protein; 27 mg cholesterol; 1042 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I don’t think I have ever made such an ingredient full recipe. I halved the recipe and it still made my 5 quart pot full. Kitchen sink accurately fits. Good flavor, but a little too sweet. Not ...
I made this tonight, and everyone was very full after nearly half a bowl! The only negative is that it was very sweet. Maybe half the molasses and leave out the honey next time. Also needed salt.
I am giving this 4 stars because my husband loved this. It was an awful lot of work for what tasted like your average bean soup with a twist. Very sweet, almost too sweet for me. I will make thi...