Shahi Tukri (Sweet Fried Bread)
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients2 h 20 m servings 169
Original recipe yields 10 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry bread pieces in batches till deep golden brown. Set aside on a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Stir the water and sugar together in a small pan; bring to a boil. Stir the cardamom into the water, reduce the heat to low, and simmer another 2 to 3 minutes. Dip the fried bread pieces in the liquid for 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange the bread in a single layer in a flat-bottomed serving dish.
- Drizzle the cream over the bread pieces, and top with the pistachio nuts. Chill at least 2 hours before serving.
You might also like
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 169 calories; 11.1 16.9 1.4 4 94 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 1