Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h 10 m servings 705 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Fry the bread squares in the oil until crispy and brown; remove to a plate lined with paper towels to drain.
- Stir the milk and sugar together in a saucepan; bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cardamom pods, cloves, cinnamon sticks, and saffron; simmer together for 15 minutes. Remove and discard the whole spices. Set the mixture aside to cool to room temperature.
- Arrange the bread in a flat-bottomed serving dish. Gently pour the milk mixture over the bread until all pieces are covered. Chill in refrigerator 2 to 3 hours. Garnish with the almonds to serve.
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 705 calories; 26.1 g fat; 108.6 g carbohydrates; 11.8 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 493 mg sodium. Full nutrition