Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska Cheese Baked in a Nut Crust
made it | 0 reviews |
"For this elegant appetizer, a rich and intensely flavored soft-ripened, washed-rind cheese is baked with a crust of nuts and bread crumbs. Serve with a nut or fruit bread."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 150 cals
Original recipe yields 6 servings
- Mix nuts and breadcrumbs together. Season with salt, pepper and a pinch of cayenne.
- Remove the rind from top of the Sir Laurier d'Arthabaska cheese. Coat the cheese with egg on all sides, with the exception of the rindless top. Place in nut/breacrumb mixture so that a nutty crust is formed. Refrigerate for one hour.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Wrap the cheese in aluminum foil leaving rindless top exposed. Then, place it on a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Serve warm with nut or fruit bread and desired slices of fruit.
Per Serving: 150 calories; 11.1 g fat; 6.2 g carbohydrates; 7.2 g protein; 59 mg cholesterol; 234 mg sodium. Full nutrition