Ingredients2 h 25 m servings 680 cals
- Place the water, butter, and raisins into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Remove from the heat, stir in the stuffing mix, cover, and let stand until the stuffing mixture absorbs the liquid, about 5 minutes. Stir 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning and the apple lightly into the stuffing. Allow the stuffing mixture to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place a rack into a roasting pan.
- Carefully remove the turkey breast skin in one piece without tearing the skin, and set aside. Bone the turkey breast (see notes) keeping the meat in one piece but removing the strip of cartilage and gristle between the two breast halves, if necessary. Pull the two tenderloin sections outward from the main part of the breast, keeping them attached, to expand the boneless piece of turkey into a roughly square-shaped piece of meat. Sprinkle the inside of the breast with salt, pepper, and 1 tablespoon of poultry seasoning.
- Spread the stuffing mixture all over the inside of the breast meat piece, and firmly roll the stuffed breast into a compact roll. Spread the reserved turkey skin out, and place the stuffed roll in the middle of the skin. Pull and roll the skin over the stuffed meat, and tie the stuffed roll together with cooking twine. Place the roll onto the roasting rack with the seam side down.
- Roast the stuffed breast in the preheated oven until the skin is golden brown, the meat is no longer pink inside, and the temperature of the roll, measured at the thickest part, reads 170 degrees F (75 degrees C), 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Allow the roast to stand covered with a tent of aluminum foil for at least 10 minutes before removing the twine for slicing.
- Editor's Notes
- To make a whole boneless breast, slice the skin down the backbone, and peel the skin off in one whole piece, being careful not to tear the skin. Place the whole turkey breast in front of you with the bone side up, and starting from one edge of the rib cage with a very sharp knife, cut and scrape the meat away from the bones as you move towards the middle of the breast. Cut around any shoulder and collar bones, including the wishbone. When you get to the center, stop and start again on the other side. Cut the keel bone away from the breast meat at the middle, leaving the breast in one big piece. The two tenderloins will be lying next to the breast meat at the edges. Roll the two tenderloins outward to expand the width of the breast for better stuffing and rolling.
- If this sounds too daunting (it's easier to do than to describe) have your butcher do it for you.
Per Serving: 680 calories; 29.7 g fat; 12.7 g carbohydrates; 86.3 g protein; 235 mg cholesterol; 299 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This had such a great flavor. And it was pretty easy to make. I used a boneless turkey breast to start with. And I added some sauted onions to my stuffing (for my husband). The raisins and a...
I made this for this past Christmas and it was PERFECT! I followed the recipe to a tee and our guests commented that I should open a restaurant. So tender, juicy, and flavorful! I purchased m...
Made this dish the first time for Christmas 2010 - and everyone loved it!! I subsituted chicken stock low sodium for the water and added a little more spice and it turned out perfectly!! Will be...
This was a great dish im always looking for something different.i was diagnosed type II diabetic this year and finding good tasting meals is sometimes difficult
For this year's Thanksgiving I decided to make turkey roulade, since I wasn't expecting a large crowd and none of us are huge fans of the traditional roasted turkey anyway. The stuffing I made w...