Ingredients55 m servings 426 cals
- Heat the oil in a 6-quart saucepot over medium-high heat. Add the chicken in 2 batches and cook for 10 minutes until it's well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken and set aside.
- Add the pepper and onion to the saucepot and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Stir the soup, water, vinegar, brown sugar and chile pepper in the saucepot. Heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the saucepot. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 20 minutes or until the chicken is fork-tender.
- Remove the chicken from the saucepot to a cutting board. Using 2 forks shred the chicken. Return the chicken to the saucepot.
- Cook for 10 minutes or until the sauce is thickened.
- Serve the chicken mixture on the buns. Top with the cheese, if desired.
Per Serving: 426 calories; 17.3 g fat; 31.1 g carbohydrates; 35.2 g protein; 110 mg cholesterol; 519 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Quite delicious. I substituted canned San Marcos brand chipotle peppers in adobo sauce (sliced) for the ground pepper. It gave a nicely complex flavor. Would suggest serving it with flour torti...
I easily did this in a slow cooker! Browned the chicken on the stovetop as instructed . Mixed the soup,vinegar, water, brown sugar and chipotle in the cooker. Put the bell pepper in, then the br...