Ingredients1 h 20 m servings 532 cals
- Cook the sausage in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat until well browned, stirring often to separate meat. Pour off any fat.
- Stir the celery, onion and peppers in the skillet and cook until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in the chiles. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- Place half the bread cubes into a lightly greased 3-quart shallow baking dish. Layer with the sausage mixture and remaining bread cubes. Beat the eggs and milk in a medium bowl with a fork or whisk. Pour the milk mixture over the bread cubes.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 45 minutes. Spoon the soup over the casserole. Sprinkle with the cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted.
Per Serving: 532 calories; 34.2 g fat; 27.3 g carbohydrates; 28 g protein; 179 mg cholesterol; 1460 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I must say as soon as it was done I was skeptical but this is DELICIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My family had excellent things to say. I did increase the eggs to 6 total. Otherwise, followed recipe exactly as written using my regular white bread. Served with a green tomato salsa,sour cream...
Took a lot of effort to prepare and definitely not worth the result. Mushy and rather greasy, didn't look at all appetizing, but edible.