Ingredients1 h servings 148 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan with no-stick cooking spray; set aside.
- Combine shortening, peanut butter, brown sugar and corn syrup in bowl of electric mixer; beat at medium speed until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat well.
- Combine flour and baking powder in medium bowl; add alternately with milk to creamed mixture at medium speed. Stir in cereal, 1 cup chocolate chips, chocolate covered toffee-candy chips and chocolate covered nuts with spoon.
- Spread in prepared pan. Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup chocolate chips over top immediately. Move pan to cooling rack. Let stand about 3 minutes or until chips become shiny and soft. Spread over top. Sprinkle with chopped nuts. Cool completely. Cut into 2 x 1-inch bars.
Per Serving: 148 calories; 8.7 g fat; 15.8 g carbohydrates; 2.7 g protein; 8 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
These are weird. Like a bad cookie recipe with cereal mixed in. It just doesn't work, and I usually trust 'brand name' recipes above others!
Great recipe - bars are chewy, moist and delicious! We made a few alterations; we used butter instead of shortening, we used Kashi Go Lean Crunch for the cereal, we used 1/2 cup raisins and 1/2...
I found this recipe when I searched for "granola bars" and didn't even notice in the description it says "cookie bar". That explains why I can't stop eating them! I used a stick of butter instea...