Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 317
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Spray a 9-inch round tart pan with removable bottom with no-stick cooking spray.
- Finely chop the almonds in a food processor. Add flour and sugar, pulsing to combine. Separate one egg; set aside egg white.
- Add egg yolk, remaining whole egg, butter, lemon peel and almond extract to flour mixture. Process or mix until dough forms a ball.
- Remove scant 1/3 of dough. Flatten, wrap and refrigerate for at least 1/2 hour or until manageable. Press remaining dough in bottom and 1-inch up sides of the prepared tart pan. Spread 1/2 cup apricot preserves evenly over dough.
- Roll remaining dough on floured surface or between sheets of waxed paper, into a 9 1/2 x 5-inch rectangle. Cut into ten (1/2-inch-wide) strips. Place one strip across center of torte. Place second strip on each side, about 2 inches in from edge. Repeat in other direction. Place a strip between center and edge strips in each direction. Press strips to edge. Trim off evenly with knife or pastry wheel. Brush strips with reserved egg white.
- Spoon remaining apricot preserves and raspberry preserves in alternate spaces between strips.
- Bake 30 minutes or until crust is golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Remove sides of pan. Serve warm or cool.
- Tip: If crust bubbles up during baking, poke with wooden tooth pick to break bubbles.
Per Serving: 317 calories; 15.7 39.6 5.1 62 81 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
Excellent recipe! Relatively easy to prepare and gets rave reviews. Impressive as a finale to a company dinner.
I am German (although this is a Austrian tart) ha ha....but jokes aside.., it works fantastic as is...no tweeking...you can however add all sorts of nuts to this recipe but not the very fatty on...