Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 189
- Lightly coat plastic face mask with cooking spray (see Cook's Notes). Line the face mask with plastic wrap, taking care to press it down fully into the nose and eyes.
- Reserve two or three slices of prosciutto and set aside. Tear the remaining slices of prosciutto into strips and lay them into the mask to form the "muscle tissue." Start around the eyes, leaving eyes blank, and then create the cheeks, chin, and forehead.
- Take the two whole green olives and position them in the eye holes, pimento side-down. Set the mask aside.
- Combine the softened cream cheese, Cheddar, and Havarti cheeses in a mixing bowl. Add the chopped green olives and roasted red peppers. Use an electric mixer or clean hands to mix until thoroughly combined.
- Take a heaping spoonful of the cheese mixture and arrange it to form an eye around one olive, and then the other. Gently lay handfuls of the cheese mixture all around the mask, taking care not to move the slices of prosciutto. Press the cheese down as you work to fill in all of the crevices. When the mask is full, gently press in the cheese mixture all around the mask. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Invert the mask onto a serving platter and gently remove the mask and the plastic wrap. You should be left with a gorgeous (and freaky) face. If there is cheese showing around the bottom edges, use the reserved prosciutto slices to cover it before serving.
- Cook's Note:
- Plastic face masks are available at craft stores like Michael's® or Jo-Anns®. If you have your own cheese ball recipe, you can certainly use it instead.
Per Serving: 189 calories; 17.8 1 6.9 54 427 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 71
This was the gruesome hit of our Allrecipes pre-Halloween party. One of my co-workers scooped out an eyeball right away and ate it. Sick. The cheese mixture was exactly the right amount for the ...
Made this for an appy before dinner tonight and everyone LOVED it! I used our favorite cheese ball recipe: 'Herman Reunion Cheese Ball' fron this site. I used black olives for the eyes too, b/c ...
This was super easy and a HUGE hit. I took it to a Halloween party and everyone was commenting and taking pictures of it. I did use a different cheese ball recipe though. Only because I did not ...
I made this and took it to work and everybody loved it. Thanks!
Amazing!! I brought this to a Halloween party and EVERYONE was taking pics of it and asking who made it. No one wanted to cut into it to "ruin" it! This was a huge hit! I put toothpicks into th...
This was the BEST halloween treat anyone could ever make! Its soooo creepy looking, its hard to believe it is food! I made this for my teenage son and his friends for a Halloween party and it wa...