Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients49 m servings 551
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook bow-tie pasta at a boil, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 12 minutes. Drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken strips; cook and stir until no longer pink in the center and the juices run clear, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towels.
- Reduce heat under skillet to medium; add onion, orange bell pepper, red bell pepper, garlic, dried basil, and red pepper flakes to skillet. Cook and stir until onions are translucent and peppers are softened, 3 to 5 minutes. Add tomato sauce; heat for about 2 minutes. Add chicken; cook for another 2 to 3 minutes. Portion cooked pasta into bowls; spoon chicken and sauce mixture on top.
You might also like
- Cook's Notes:
- To cut down on time, I often use jarred garlic that has already been minced. Pre-cooked chicken can also be used by the time-conscious chef and is generally found in the lunch meat section of the grocery store.
- For extra health points, choose whole-wheat pasta.
Per Serving: 551 calories; 7.7 94.1 29 32 521 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
This is a quick and easy recipe, as described. I followed the recipe pretty closely. I added a splash of red wine at the end, which added some richness. We really enjoyed it for a weeknight d...