Ingredients3 h 30 m servings 713
- Preheat an oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish.
- Whisk together the milk, flour, butter, salt, and pepper in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring until the mixture thickens, 5 to 8 minutes. Remove the white sauce from the heat.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat, and sear the pork chops on both sides in the hot skillet just until browned, about 5 minutes. Set the pork chops aside.
- Place about 2/3 of the shredded potatoes into the prepared baking dish. Potatoes should fill about 2/3 of the dish. Top with the seared pork chops, and top with the remaining shredded potatoes. Pour the white sauce over the casserole.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 3 hours.
- Cook's Note
- If you don't have enough white sauce, just add milk to cover the casserole completely.
Per Serving: 713 calories; 28.2 77.5 37.8 120 254 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I tried this recipe and it was WONDERFUL ... I did make a few changes and here they are : I also shredded carrots and finely chopped onions and layered these too. I also made my white sauce wi...
I made this last night strictly according to directions. It was very bland, no flavor, although the pork chops were fall apart tender. Potatoes were mushy. I don't think I'll be making this agai...
I sliced the potatoes instead of shredding because it turned out more like a scalloped potato. The pork chops turned out nice and moist but the dish did need some more seasoning than the salt an...
The flavors were pretty good, but as other reviewers mentioned, it's quite bland. Use twice the salt & pepper you think you should since it cooks so long. Also, I'm not sure the proportions ar...