Ingredients1 h 15 m servings 207
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, beat butter with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in the masa harina and water until well combined.
- Put the corn in a blender or food processor and coarsely chop on low speed. Stir the corn and the cornmeal into the butter mixture. In another bowl, mix together the sugar, cream, salt and baking powder. Combine the two mixtures until well blended. Pour the batter into an ungreased 8x8 pan.
- Cover the pan with foil and place into a 9x13 inch pan filled 3/4 inch high with hot water. Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of the cake comes out clean. Remove small pan from water and let sit for 10 minutes before serving.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
Per Serving: 207 calories; 13.4 21.9 1.9 36 180 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 54
Mas Harina I found out is: Corn Flour. This is finer than corn meal.
I followed the recipe exactly and didn't particularly care for these. (I like the sweet corn tomalito recipe on this website better.) The cakes seemed to have a "squashy" taste.
This is so delicious! It is exactly like the sweet corn cake the mexican chain restarants, like El Torito, serve. Usually I buy the mix at the store and make that, but this is so much better. I ...
I am gluten-intolerant (cannot have wheat, barley, or rye products) and finding a cornbread recipe made with ONLY corn flour (and not wheat flour) was extremely difficult! Thank you for posting ...
This is just like the corn cakes they make at a restaurant I love. I was hoping to find something like it online and presto! Thanks!
This is absolutely delicious!!! The importance of the masa harina is that it contains lime which aids in digestion and absorption of the nutrients found in corn. The Native Americans originall...
Oh just inject the fat right into my thighs! Why oh why did I decide to make this? Now I know just how easy it is to make this tasty stuff. This was just TOO GOOD! I used one can of creamed ...
This recipe is delish. I substitued a box of Jiffy corn muffin mix for the cornmeal and masa flour but the muffin mix amounted to 1 1/2 cups so I used a can of creamed corn instead of frozen. ...