Ham and Braunschweiger Pate
Ingredients2 h 30 m servings 46
- In a medium bowl, blend the braunschweiger liverwurst, ham spread, dry mustard, pepper, thyme, hot sauce and beer.
- In small bowl, soften the gelatin in the water.
- Bring the beef broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Mix in the gelatin, allowing it to dissolve. Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes.
- Blend the gelatinized beef broth with the braunschweiger liverwurst mixture. Transfer the mixture to a 4 cup mold and chill a minimum of 2 hours.
- Transfer the chilled mixture to a platter, and sprinkle with parsley before serving.
Per Serving: 46 calories; 3.3 1.4 2.2 14 153 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This is very similar to a recipe my sister in law makes for family get-togethers. It's always one of the most popular appetizers served. Her variation is that the cream cheese is incorporated in...
This was very good, but unless you like the taste of thyme, I would reduce the amount in the recipe by one half. The flavor was just too strong for my liking.