Italian-Canadian Meat Pie
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 350 cals
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place a skillet over medium heat; cook the ground pork in the skillet with the fennel seed, red pepper flakes, and salt until completely browned, breaking the pork into small pieces as it cooks. Remove from heat and allow to cool completely.
- Combine the ground pork, eggs, Asiago cheese, and bread crumbs in a large bowl; use your hands to mix thoroughly.
- Line a 9-inch pie plate with one of the prepared pastries. Fill the pie with the pork mixture. Place the remaining pastry over the pie and press the edges together to seal. Be sure to cut steam vents into the top pastry.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes; reduce the heat to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) and continue cooking until the pastry is browned and the filling is bubbling a bit, another 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from oven and allow the pie to cool 5 to 10 minutes before cutting to serve.
Per Serving: 350 calories; 23.4 g fat; 13.1 g carbohydrates; 21.3 g protein; 152 mg cholesterol; 632 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
this is excellent with a few additions. made exactly to recipe..pie was too solid,& not too flavorful.so the 2nd time I added 1/4 lb of ground beef, 1 tsp Italian seasoning,1/2 teasp. basil & o...