Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients8 h 40 m servings 480
Original recipe yields 4 servings
- Bring a pot of water to a boil; add the potatoes and cauliflower and cook at a boil until soft, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Pour the milk over the mixture and mash with a potato masher until smooth.
- Crumble the beef bouillon cube into the water; whisk until the bouillon is dissolved. Pour into a slow cooker. Add the stew meat, bacon, carrot, onion, garlic, and tomato to the slow cooker. Spread the mashed cauliflower and potato mixture over the meat and vegetable mixture. Sprinkle the Cheddar cheese over the top.
- Set the slow cooker to Low and cook for 8 hours, or, if you prefer, at High for 4 hours.
- Editor's Note:
- To achieve a crunchy top, layer the items into a 9x9-inch baking dish and bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Uncover the dish and bake another 10 minutes to get the top nice and crispy.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 480 calories; 23.9 36.3 30.2 87 559 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I'm kind of torn on this recipe. I loved the idea of Sheperds Pie in a crock pot but it didn't quite work out for me. I was concerned with the amount of juice that would come from the meat and t...