Ginger Spice Apple Tart
made it | 0 reviews |
"Easily made with prepared pie crusts and apple filling, this star-studded, spiced up tart recipe will make you feel like the luckiest cook on the block."
Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients50 m servings 516 cals
Original recipe yields 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Let pie crusts stand at room temperature according to package directions. Unroll one of the pie crusts. On a lightly floured surface, roll crust to a 13- to 14-inch circle. Transfer pie crust to a 10x2-inch round tart pan with removable bottom or a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Trim crust to the edge of the pan. Set aside.
- Unroll remaining pie crust. Using a 2- to 3-inch star cutter or other desired cutter, make 5 to 6 cutouts in the pastry. Set pastry and cutouts aside.
- In a large saucepan heat LUCKY LEAF Apple Pie Filling, butter, 1 tablespoon crystallized ginger, vanilla, 1 teaspoon cinnamon, nutmeg, and fresh ginger over medium heat until butter is melted, gently stirring frequently.
- Pour LUCKY LEAF Apple Pie Filling into pastry lined tart pan. Place the pastry with the cutouts atop the filling. Trim pastry to edge of tart pan and gently press the top pastry to the bottom pastry to seal. If using a pie plate, fold top pastry under bottom pastry and pinch to seal; crimp edge as desired. Place star cutouts atop the pastry, leaving most of the openings in the crust exposed. Lightly coat pastry with nonstick cooking spray. In a small bowl combine sugar and 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon; sprinkle over pastry. Place tart on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- To prevent over-browning, cover the edge of the tart or pie with foil. Bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil. Bake about 10 minutes more or until pastry is golden brown and filling is bubbly. Cool on a wire rack about 1 hour. Remove sides of the tart pan. Serve warm. If desired, top with whipped topping and additional crystallized ginger.
Per Serving: 516 calories; 27.9 g fat; 62.1 g carbohydrates; 3.1 g protein; 31 mg cholesterol; 406 mg sodium. Full nutrition