Braised Lamb Kahlua
Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 566 cals
- Cut lamb into 2 inch cubes, removing any fat. Reserve any trimmings for browning meat.
- Combine flour, paprika and onion powder and add to meat and toss until coated.
- Heat lamb fat trimmings in a large skillet to render fat. Add oil, if needed, to measure 2 tablespoons and brown meat well.
- Meanwhile, combine Kahlua, water, vinegar, garlic, salt, rosemary and pepper. When meat is browned, discard any fat remaining in skillet. Add Kahlua mixture to meat. Bring to boil, cover and turn heat low. Simmer 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 hours, or until meat is tender. Cut mushrooms in halves and add to the skillet in last 5 minutes as meat cooks.
- Remove lamb and mushrooms to heated serving platter. Skim off any excess fat from sauce. Pour over the lamb, or serve on the side. Garnish with sliced green onion and lemon wedges. Serve with rice, if desired.
- Kahlua ® Liqueur, 20% Alc./Vol. (21.5% Alc./Vol.,available only in Ohio). © 2009 Imported by The Kahlua Company, Purchase, NY
- Enjoy Your Curious Life Responsibly
Per Serving: 566 calories; 31.5 g fat; 20.6 g carbohydrates; 36.8 g protein; 129 mg cholesterol; 830 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
I found this pretty scrumpy. Even my fiance who isn't a fan of lamb enoyed this. The meat was super tender, and the combination of the flavours of the mushrooms with the kahlua was great. I h...
This was awesome! Easy to prepare and I had all the ingredients on hand which is always a bonus. I skipped the browning step (and therefore the flour). Tossed everything but the mushrooms in ...