Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 140 cals
Original recipe yields 54 servings (54 cookies)
- Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Resift flour with cocoa, baking powder and salt.
- In a bowl, cream butter, sugar and egg together well. Blend in about half the flour mixture. Stir in Kahlua and vanilla, and then stir in remaining flour. Mix in walnuts. Divide mixture in half. Shape each into a 7 inch roll. Wrap well in waxed paper or foil and place in freezer until firm.
- To bake, cut into thin slices approximately 1/8 inch and place on baking sheets. Bake above oven center for 10 minutes until firm to touch.
- Cool on pan a minute. Remove with broad spatula to cool on wire racks.
- Prepare Kahlua Cream Filling: Cream together butter, icing sugar and Kahlua until smooth and creamy.
- When cold, sandwich 2 cookies together with a slightly rounded teaspoonful of Kahlua Cream Filling.
- Kahlua ® Liqueur, 20% Alc./Vol. (21.5% Alc./Vol.,available only in Ohio). © 2009 Imported by The Kahlua Company, Purchase, NY
- Enjoy Your Curious Life Responsibly
Per Serving: 140 calories; 6 g fat; 20.4 g carbohydrates; 1 g protein; 16 mg cholesterol; 51 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
I didn't put salt or walnuts in these. I changed the frosting to cream cheese instead of butter, and also cut the recipe for the frosting in half. I still had too much frosting, so I took the ...