Ingredients7 h 40 m servings 627
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- First prepare Chocolate Crumb Crust: In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs, cocoa and powdered sugar. Stir in melted butter or margarine. Press mixture on bottom of pan and bake for 8 minutes. Set aside.
- Next prepare cheesecake filling: Turn oven temperature to 400 degrees F. In small microwave safe bowl, place 3/4 cup chocolate chunks. Microwave on HIGH for one minute; stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chunks are melted when stirred.
- Add 1/4 cup whipping cream and stir until well blended. Stir in 1/4 cup Kahlua and set aside.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until fluffy. Add cocoa and beat well until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in vanilla and reserved chocolate mixture, blending well. Pour over prepared crust and bake for 10 minutes. Decrease oven temperature to 275 degrees F and continue baking for 45 minutes.
- Remove from oven to cooling rack, loosening cake from rim of pan. Cool completely and remove spring form rim.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, place remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks and microwave on HIGH 1 minute, then stir. If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring until chunks are melted. Stir in 1/4 cup whipping cream and blend well. Stir in remaining 2 tablespoons Kahlua, blending well. Spread on top of cheesecake and refrigerate for about 6 hours or overnight.
- At serving time, beat remaining 1/2 cup whipping cream and powdered sugar until stiff, then garnish cheesecake with small rosettes of whipped cream.
- Refrigerate leftover cheesecake.
- Kahlua ® Liqueur, 20% Alc./Vol. (21.5% Alc./Vol.,available only in Ohio). © 2009 Imported by The Kahlua Company, Purchase, NY
- Enjoy Your Curious Life Responsibly
Per Serving: 627 calories; 43.3 54.9 8.8 145 268 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This was good. I tried it because my favorite cheesecake at the Cheesecake Factory is their Kahlua one. It didn't compare but all my guests really loved it. Make sure you get REALLY good chocola...
hit of the party! this cheesecake is really rich a small slice is enough. the cheesecake itself is great but the added chocolate/ kahlua on top was awsome. only two change made (by accident) did...