Kahlua White Russian Cake
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 610 cals
- Grease well and flour lightly two 9-inch cake pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Combine Kahlua, Stolichnaya vodka and chocolate. Place over low heat or hot water until chocolate melts; stir to blend. Cool slightly.
- Resift cake flour with baking soda and powder.
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Blend in Kahlua mixture, then dry ingredients alternately with buttermilk.
- Divide batter between the cake pans.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until tester inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 10 minutes and then turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare Kahlua White Russian Cream: Beat heavy whipping cream with sifted powdered sugar until thickened. Gradually beat in Kahlua and Stolichnaya vodka, beating until stiff.
- To assemble cake: Spread one cake layer with half the jam and about 1/4 cup Kahlua White Russian Cream. Spread bottom surface of second layer with remaining jam and place on top of first layer. Swirl remaining cream topping on top and sides of cake. Decorate generously with white chocolate curls/shavings. If prepared ahead, refrigerate, removing 30 minutes before servings to capture full flavor.
- Kahlua ® Liqueur, 20% Alc./Vol. (21.5% Alc./Vol.,available only in Ohio). © 2009 Imported by The Kahlua Company, Purchase, NY
- Enjoy Your Curious Life Responsibly
Per Serving: 610 calories; 33.1 g fat; 68 g carbohydrates; 6.3 g protein; 126 mg cholesterol; 226 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 2
Very disappointed. Cake texture nice, but very bland tasting cake and frosting. The frosting was not very attractive. And, while I love apricots, the apricot flavor overpowered all other flav...