Drunken Stuffed Figs
Ingredients45 m servings 335
- Using a marinade injector baster, inject figs with about 1 tablespoon cognac, dividing the amount equally amongst the figs. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a medium bowl, blend remaining cognac, mascarpone cheese and 3/4 of the confectioners' sugar. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing remaining ingredients.
- In a blender or food processor, mix toasted hazelnuts, mint leaves and remaining confectioner' sugar. Place the mixture in a medium bowl.
- Remove stems from figs, and cut in half lengthwise. Fill halves with equal portions of the cognac and mascarpone cheese mixture. Roll in the hazelnut mixture. Arrange on a medium serving platter, cheese side up, and chill in the refrigerator until serving.
Per Serving: 335 calories; 19.2 27.2 4.6 23 11 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Had to make a number of changes to this recipe for it to work. Didn't have fresh figs so I used very fresh, plump, dried ones, and marinated for 30 minutes: worked just fine. The amount of cogn...
- these are a wee bit messy for a dinner party but are very yummy and are worth the hassle. - fresh figs are in season during sept/oct. - i didn't have all ingredients on hand so the substitut...
The only reason this does not get 5 stars is because the procedure is soooo messy. If you make this recipe in the fall, when figs are in season, the result will be incredibly tasty and worth an...
I would have rated 5 but the amounts are way off. This was a huge hit at a garden party. Other folks mentioned how messy it was to eat, so I experimented before hand (it was a tough job, but som...