Ingredients8 h 50 m servings 707 cals
- Place the lima beans into a large container and cover with several inches of cool water; let stand 8 hours to overnight. Drain and rinse.
- Preheat an oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Drain the soaked lima beans and cook according to package directions.
- Blend the cooked lima beans and milk together in a blender until smooth; season with salt. Set aside.
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat; cook the onion in the hot oil until soft, about 5 minutes. Add the chicken and cook until completely browned, 7 to 10 minutes more. Stir the zucchini, tomato, cumin, and cayenne pepper into the chicken; cook until the vegetables are slightly tender, about 7 minutes more. Spread the mixture into the bottom of an 11x7-inch baking dish; pour the lima bean mixture over the chicken and vegetables in a single, smooth layer. Top with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the top is browned and crisp, about 10 minutes.
Per Serving: 707 calories; 17.7 g fat; 78.4 g carbohydrates; 60 g protein; 93 mg cholesterol; 347 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This recipe is very good, however the Lima Beans are bland and Mozzarella cheese is too. We really enjoyed the chicken layer. The next time I make it I will try and stronger tasting cheese. ...
When pureeing the lima beans, I added 1 tsp. cumin, salt to taste, dash cayenne pepper, about 3 tbs. of olive oil, and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. I also added 1 cup cooked cauliflower to increase...
I loved the idea of this recipe, but I took a lot of liberties based on what ingredients I had available. It worked well with 2 cans of garbanzo beans for the topping!