Ingredients1 h 8 m servings 176 cals
- TO MAKE DOUGH: Cream sugar and butter in mixer; add egg. Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and vanilla. Form into two balls. Cover and chill 20 to 30 minutes.
- Roll one portion of the dough to 1/4-inch thickness on lightly floured surface. Cut with cookie cutters and place on ungreased cookie sheets. Repeat with remaining dough.
- Bake in a preheated 350 degrees F oven 7 to 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Cool for 1 to 2 minutes on baking sheet and then transfer to cooling rack. Ice and decorate as desired.
- TO MAKE ICING: Combine powdered sugar, corn syrup, almond extract and enough milk for desired spreading consistency. Tint with food coloring, if desired.
Per Serving: 176 calories; 6.1 g fat; 29.1 g carbohydrates; 2.8 g protein; 23 mg cholesterol; 91 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I hate sugar cookies. but I LOVED THESE. I wish I could give this recipe 10 stars!!!
My dough was still crumbly and wouldn't form, not sure what went wrong but I followed the recipe exactly
We liked these cookies! I guess I made mine a little thinner than asked for because I got 35 of them. I made half the frosting at first because I wanted to be sure about the color of it. That...