Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 141
- Place apricots and pineapple juice in a small saucepan. Warm over medium heat until bubbling. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, brown sugar, ginger, coriander and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl, beat together egg, vegetable oil and buttermilk; combine with cooled apricot mixture. Gradually stir buttermilk/apricot mixture into flour mixture until blended. Pour batter into prepared 9x5 inch loaf pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool 5 minutes then loosen sides of loaf with a blunt knife. Remove from pan and allow to cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
Per Serving: 141 calories; 3.3 25 4.1 16 189 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I did a bit of substituting; OJ for the pineapple juice and dried pineapple, mango and papaya for the apricots - I think you could probably substitute any juice and any dried fruit. I also chan...
This is a delightful bread. It's not very sweet as you might expect of a fruit bread, but has a nice balanced, enjoyable flavor. We make it over and over.
I just baked my first fruit loaf using this recipe. However, I used fresh squeezed orange juice instead of pineapple juice and reversed the quantities of white flour and wholewheat. I really lik...
Fantastic bread, not too terribly sweet and makes a nice breakfast bread/snack bread. I think I may add more apricots next time or puree them by personal preference but nonetheless, this recipe ...