Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 412 cals
- To Make Crust: In a large bowl, stir together 1 1/4 cup flour and salt. Cut in shortening until coarse crumbs form. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of water at a time to dough until it is moist enough to form into a ball. On a lightly floured surface, use hands to slightly flatten dough. Roll dough into a circle about 12 inches in diameter.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Line a 9 inch deep dish pie pan with a piece of aluminum foil; it should cover bottom and sides of pan. Lightly flour the foil. Press the dough into the pan.
- To Make Filling: In a large bowl, stir together 2 tablespoons flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Gently toss apples, raisins and walnuts with cinnamon mixture until coated. Fill the crust with the apple mixture.
- Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour. Remove from oven and let cool.
- To Make Icing: In a small bowl, mix together confectioners' sugar, vanilla and milk. Drizzle over top of cooled pie.
Per Serving: 412 calories; 13.8 g fat; 71.7 g carbohydrates; 3.9 g protein; < 1 mg cholesterol; 77 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I used dried cherries instead of raisins, just because I had them on hand. Also added the 2 TB of lemon juice, as suggested by the other reviewers. The apple-cherry filling was very good, especi...
It was a succes, yesterday on my birthday. What I added to the applemix were two tablespoons of lemonjuice.
This pie is now my families favorite kind of apple pie. My husband usually doesn't care for apple pie and he was skeptical, but he LOVED this one! I cheated a bit and bought some ready made pie...