Ingredients3 h servings 29
- Place ingredients except for the crystallized ginger in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough onto a floured board. Knead dough briefly, shape into a ball, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough and gently knead in the crystallized ginger. Form into a loaf shape, place in a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Just before baking, slash top with a razor or sharp knife. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove bread to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Per Serving: 29 calories; 0.6 6.1 0.2 0 195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
I just enjoyed one of the most delicious pieces of toast I've ever had. The ginger and lemon were subtle but really added something special. I heeded the comment of another reviewer who wanted m...
Delicious bread! This has been lost somewhere in the depths of the Allrecipes archives! Besides the method of preparing, the only change I made was to add the zest of the lemon I used for the ...