Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients3 h servings 29
Original recipe yields 12 servings (1 - 9x5 inch loaf)
- Place ingredients except for the crystallized ginger in the pan of the bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- At end of cycle, remove dough onto a floured board. Knead dough briefly, shape into a ball, cover and let rest for 15 minutes.
- Flatten the dough and gently knead in the crystallized ginger. Form into a loaf shape, place in a lightly greased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled in size, about 45 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Just before baking, slash top with a razor or sharp knife. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon sugar if desired.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until bottom of loaf sounds hollow when tapped. Remove bread to a wire rack to cool before serving.
Per Serving: 29 calories; 0.6 6.1 0.2 0 195 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
I just enjoyed one of the most delicious pieces of toast I've ever had. The ginger and lemon were subtle but really added something special. I heeded the comment of another reviewer who wanted m...