Black Pepper Rings
Ingredients40 m servings 432
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, beat eggs. Stir in melted butter and oil. In a separate bowl, mix together flour, salt, pepper and baking powder.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Mix until dough pulls together. Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead briefly. Divide dough into 12 equal pieces. Roll each piece into an 8 inch long cylinder. Bend each cylinder into a ring shape and pinch ends together. With a sharp knife, score each ring around its outside edge.
- Drop rings two at a time into boiling water and boil for 1 minute. Remove rings from water and place on lightly greased cookie sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.
Per Serving: 432 calories; 19.8 49.6 12.9 232 951 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
The good news is that these taste pretty darned good, for a fairly simple biscuit. Slightly eggy, nice and peppery, big and fairly dense. They definitely taste better warmed, though I didn't try...
The dough came out so wet and gooey that you could not form anything. I even tried to add more flour to make the dough more durable and nothing worked.