Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 444 cals
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Grease a 7x11 inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, baking powder, salt and brown sugar. Cut in butter. Pour in milk and stir to form a dough. Turn out onto a well-floured surface and roll out. Cut into 6 - 6 inch squares.
- Place a whole apple in the center of each square. Fill the core with blueberries. Drizzle with maple syrup. Pull up corners of dough and pinch edges together to seal. Place dumplings in prepared pan and sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Combine remaining maple syrup with enough water to pour over dumplings to a 1 inch depth in dish. Submerge remaining blueberries and apple peelings with dried orange peel in liquid.
- Bake in preheated oven 45 minutes, basting as necessary, until crisp and browned. Serve warm with sauce.
Per Serving: 444 calories; 16.8 g fat; 70.2 g carbohydrates; 6.1 g protein; 43 mg cholesterol; 488 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
The crust is the best part. I would like it better with 1T of butter and 1tsp of sugar inside. The mixture of fruits and maple syrup is delicious! MsJNewell
Great recipe! I served this to guests and it was heavenly! I forgot to add the cinnamon and nutmeg and it still tasted great! Definitely should be served with ice cream. THANKS!!!
It took me about 2 hours total to put this together, partly because I had to core the apples by hand. I used strawberries because that's what I had on hand. I didn't think that they tasted very ...
Yummy! This was excellent. The dough takes awhile to prepare, when rolling it and cutting up slices so make sure you have plenty of time. But the overall taste was wonderful. I didn't have the o...
i stuffed chopped pecans and walnuts plus blueberries with cinnamon and nutmeg and it was SO DELICIOUS!!! HUGE hit and so easy to prepare, i did it while my guests were lounging after dinner an...
Great recipe. Takes a little work, but worth it. My family didn't care for the orange peel, though. I would leave that out next time. This recipe has a lot of potential to be used with pears...
Very good. I didn't have any berries, so I chopped up an almond caramel granola bar, and stuffed the core with that. Lol. I had to remove some of the liquid, because the bottom was getting a bit...