Ingredients30 m servings 298
- Place the bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat until evenly browned, about 5 minutes per side. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Crumble once cooled.
- Preheat an oven to 200 degrees F (95 degrees C) to keep the finished waffles warm. Preheat a waffle iron and coat lightly with cooking spray.
- Combine the all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, Parmesan cheese, parsley, rosemary, basil, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. Whisk the milk, eggs, butter, and Dijon mustard together in a small bowl. Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour about 1/3 cup batter into each square of the preheated waffle iron; cook until golden, 3 to 4 minutes. Keep prepared waffles in the preheated oven until all are cooked.
- Stir the sour cream, sugar, and onion together in a small bowl. Drizzle the onion sauce evenly over the warm waffles. Sprinkle crumbled bacon over the waffles to serve.
Per Serving: 298 calories; 15.9 27.9 11.5 83 1117 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
Because this recipe was so different, I was immediately intrigued. First let me say that I had decided from the get go to kick up the onion sauce. Instead of adding sugar, I brought out the swee...
My family couldn't get enough of these! I omitted the bacon, used only whole wheat flour, and used honey instead of sugar for the waffles and the topping. After tasting the topping, I added a l...
I made this for dinner but nobody liked it very much. The herb flavor was overwhelmingly strong and I couldn't bring myself to eat an entire waffle. I'm sorry to say, I won't be making it again.