Roasted Sweet Potato and Rocket Salad
Ingredients1 h 35 m servings 864 cals
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- Whisk the 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper together in a bowl; toss the sweet potato wedges with the olive oil to coat. Place the bell pepper halves with their cut-sides down onto a baking sheet; arrange the sweet potato wedges around the peppers.
- Roast in the preheated oven until the potatoes are slightly charred and crispy and the the bell pepper skin is blistered, about 45 minutes. Shake the pan once mid-way through the cooking time to keep the mixture from sticking to the pan. Set the potato wedges aside to cool. Place the pepper halves into a bowl and cover with plastic wrap; allow to sweat until cool, about 20 minutes. Peel the skin from the peppers and discard.
- Mince the garlic and shallot together in a food processor. Add the peeled peppers, lemon juice, mustard, hot sauce, salt, and pepper; puree until smooth. Slowly stream the 1/2 cup olive oil and the walnut oil into the mixture as it blends. Transfer to a large bowl; add the arugula leaves and toss to coat.
- Divide the potato wedges between 4 salad plates; top the wedges with equal amounts of the dressed arugula leaves. Shave the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the salads to serve. Serve immediately.
- Cook's Note:
- Only use as much dressing as you need and refrigerate the remainder for future use.
Per Serving: 864 calories; 60.4 g fat; 74.8 g carbohydrates; 9 g protein; 3 mg cholesterol; 715 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 13
This was delicious! I used about 3 more cloves of garlic and didn't have walnut oil. I used 1/4 cup of vinegar as well. My husband loved it. I will definitely be making this again.
I have now made this several times and it is a great winner. Everybody loves the dressing especially. Only difference I have made is to add Parmesan instead of the dearer cheese. Thank you
Delicious although it seems like the dijon might be clashing with the potatoes a bit. I am going to keep all the other ingredients and try something different in place of the dijon next time.
The dressing is very delish but I had to add a little of seasoned rice vinegar to make it more tangy... :)
A delicious and delicate blend of flavors, and an attractive, colorful dish. I'm sure I'll be making it again.
My husband said this was his favorite salad ever! Arugula is essential, it tasted much better than with mixed greens. Also, I thought the dressing was great, even after omitting the roasted, p...
The combination of the sweet potatoes and the arugula turned out to be quite tasty. I didn't have any fresh red bell peppers, so I substituted roasted red bell pepper paste in the dressing. I ...