Ingredients45 m servings 266
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease and flour 2 (9-inch) round cake pans; set aside. Place cake mix, dry pudding mix, 1 cup of the sour cream, eggs, oil, water and orange peel in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute; scrape bowl. Beat on medium speed an additional 2 minutes. Pour evenly into prepared pans.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Beat remaining 1/3 cup sour cream and powdered sugar in large bowl with wire whisk until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping. Set aside.
- Place 1 of the cake layers on serving plate; spread with half of the whipped topping mixture. Top with half of the orange segments. Repeat cake and topping layers. Garnish with remaining orange segments. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips:
- Substitute: Prepare as directed, using COOL WHIP LITE Whipped Topping and BREAKSTONE'S Reduced Fat Sour Cream.
- Variation - Chocolate Cream Cake: Prepare as directed, using chocolate cake mix and chocolate pudding mix. Substitute 1 cup fresh berries, such as raspberries, sliced strawberries or blueberries, for the orange segments.
- Make Ahead: The whipped topping filling can be prepared up to 2 days in advance. Store in tightly covered container in refrigerator until ready to use.
Per Serving: 266 calories; 12.1 34.9 3 43 279 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
Super-easy and absolutely delicious cake. I took one star off for the runny consistency of the cream/icing. Everyone loved how it tasted but my cake looked very...uh....homemade. My well-drained...
This cake has a fantastic flavor. It is moist, citrus-y and the flavors mix beautifully. I make it with fat free sour cream, egg substitute and add approx. 1/2 teaspoon of either lemon zest or...
An alternative for presentation. Bake this as a bundt or tube cake and prepare the topping separately. Chop the mandarin oranges and stir into the topping ingredients and spoon over individual s...
I followed this recipe exactly for the cake. The cake, very moist and light with a wonderful citrusy flavor, is definitely one I will make again. I was worried however, about the layers sliding ...