Ingredients1 h 50 m servings 466 cals
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Beat cake mix, eggs, bananas, sour cream and oil with mixer on low until moistened, scraping bottom of bowl often. Beat on medium 2 minutes. Pour into greased and floured 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool cake completely in pan on wire rack.
- Beat cream cheese and butter with mixer on medium until blended. Gradually add sugar, beating well after each addition.
- Remove cake from pan. Carefully cut cake crosswise in half using serrated knife. Place 1 cake half, top-side down, on plate; spread top with frosting. Top with remaining cake half, top side up. Frost top and sides. Press nuts onto sides. Refrigerate leftovers.
- Kraft Kitchens Tips:
- How to Neatly Frost the Cake: Freeze cake layers about 20 minutes before frosting. This helps to set the crumbs on the cut edges of the cake layers so they don't pull up into the frosting. And don't worry if the frosting does not look perfect on the sides of the cake - the nuts will cover any imperfections.
- Variation: How to Prepare in Round Cake Pans: Prepare as directed. Pour evenly into 2 greased and floured 8 or 9-inch round cake pans. Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted in centers comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes in pans on wire rack; remove from pans. Fill and frost with PHILADELPHIA Walnut Frosting. Store in refrigerator.
Per Serving: 466 calories; 24.1 g fat; 59.9 g carbohydrates; 5.2 g protein; 74 mg cholesterol; 335 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 5
The flavor on this cake was not good AT ALL. And I followed the recipe exactly to directions. The sour cream makes it too sour. Maybe sweeter, more ripe bananas would fix this problem. But I ...
My nephew made this recipe for a birthday party - and OH MY GOODNESS it is SOO good! I am not a big cake eater - and, this was the best cake I have ever had!!! Try it with chocolate peanut butt...
I love to bake cookies, but have never tried a cake before. It was super easy to make, especially for me since I'm somewhat challenged in the kitchen. I brought it to a family function and eve...
This is a fabulous recipe that is very versatile. I have made it exactly as specified and it turned out great. I've played around with it and found I like it even better. I usually add some e...