- In a 4 to 6 quart pot over medium heat, mix 4 ounces oil, tomato sauce, 8 to 12 ounces water, basil, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Reduce heat to medium-low after reaching a boil; stir occasionally.
- Season shrimp with 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper and 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes; mix thoroughly and reserve.
- In a medium saucepan over medium-high heat, warm 1 ounce oil and add green bell pepper, red bell pepper, onion and garlic for 3 to 5 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Add vegetables to tomato sauce and cook over medium heat. After 3 minutes reduce heat to low and cook for 20 to 25 minutes; stir occasionally.
- When sauce has approximately 7 to 10 minutes to cook until completion, add seasoned shrimp to sauce; mix well. Bring heat to medium and stir occasionally.
- In a small dish, mix cornstarch and 1 ounce cold water; add mixture to sauce when sauce has 2 minutes left until completion and mix well.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain and place in a serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over pasta and sprinkle with green onions; serve.
Per Serving: 585 calories; 25 61 29 138 845 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 23
Once again we enjoyed a delicious supper based on using up fresh produce I needed to clear out of the fridge the night before I head out of town! Hubs agrees some of the best things I’ve come u...
I really enjoyed it. I disagree with people saying that oil for this food is too much. It might be because of my cultural background (More fat is better). I think using olive oil would solve tha...
I've made and enjoyed t his several times, and noticed that I hadn't rated/reviewed it yet. I always make it exactly as written, using sunflower oil, sea salt, some "Penzeys Freshly Ground Peppe...
Tried this tonight and loved it! We don't eat seafood, so I substituted smoked sausage which I sauteed in the pan from the peppers and onions and added 8 minutes before the sauce was done. I t...
This recipe is one of my family's favs. I just cut down the amount of oil. Other than that it is excellent. Even my picky eaters like it
This recipe is easy and delicious! I wanted it again the next day!!
We LOVED it!! I've made it twice now and it has came out perfect both times. My family requests it and DH takes leftovers (if any) to work the next day. I'm thinking next time I may serve it ...