Added to shopping list. Go to shopping list.
Ingredients45 m servings 127
Original recipe yields 24 servings (2 dozen)
- In a large bowl, stir together 2 cups of the flour, sugar and salt. Cut in the shortening until the mixture resembles coarse meal. Make a well in the center and pour the eggs and white wine into it. Stir with a fork, gradually bringing the dry mixture into the center until a dough forms. Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead in remaining flour until smooth. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, stir together the ricotta cheese, egg, sugar and vanilla until well blended. On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/8 inch thickness. Cut out 3 inch circles using a cookie cutter or a glass. Place 1 tablespoon of the ricotta cheese mixture in the center of each circle. Fold edges over into a half-moon shape and press to seal. Raviolis can be frozen at this point and saved for later. It seems to help keep the filling from oozing out while frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oil, one inch deep, to 365 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place the ravioli into the hot oil so that they are not crowded. Fry on both sides until golden. Drain on paper towels. If you like, dust with confectioners' sugar or drizzle with honey before serving.
- Editor's Note
- We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. The exact amount may vary depending on cook time and temperature, ingredient density, and the specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 127 calories; 7.6 12.2 2 25 33 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3