Ingredients1 h 30 m servings 442
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour two 9 inch pans. In a medium bowl mix together the flour, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and ground walnuts. Set aside. In a small bowl whip 1 1/2 cups cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine 1 1/2 cups sugar, eggs and 3 teaspoons vanilla. Beat 5 minutes at highest speed of an electric mixer. fold in flour mixture alternately with whipped cream.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake in the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Frosting: In a large bowl combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Beat until smooth. In a separate small bowl, whip 1/12 cups whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- To assemble cake: Split each layer in half horizontally to form 4 layers. Place 1 layer on serving plate; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with second layer; spread with 1/2 cup preserves. Top with 3rd layer; spread with 1/2 cup frosting. Top with remaining cake layer. Frost sides of cake with frosting, reserving about 1 cup for decorating. Spread remaining preserves on top of cake. Using a pastry bag and a star tip, pipe reserved frosting in a lattice design on the top of cake, pipe border around top and bottom edges of cake. Store in refrigerator.
- Partner Tip
- Reynolds® parchment can be used for easier cleanup/removal from the pan.
Per Serving: 442 calories; 21.6 58.9 4.9 96 204 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 26
Absolutely delicious! At first I thought it was going to be a disaster because both cake layers fell apart as I was removing them from the pans. I had to kind of patch them up and skip the step...
This torte/cake was a lot of work for me, which is saying something since I made an Inside out German Choc. Cake that took four hours! While this didn't take nearly as long, the process of split...
Excellent cake to impress others. Anybody could make this cake with outstanding results - however I needed at least another hour of time to have the cake turn out like the photo. The effort is...
I made this for a party and it was a huge sucess. Used crushed almonds instead - very good. Also had trouble getting it out of the pan intact even though well greased. Luckily, frosting is forgi...
This cake turned out great!! I used powdered sugar instead of white in the icing, I know it changes the texture, but I don't like tasting the grains in frosting. I did everything else as written...
Very good cake with a beautiful presentation. I like that the walnuts are ground, rather than just chopped.
This cake is truly fantastic. I even make the raspberry jam from scratch because most store-bought jams are too sweet and not "fruity" enough for me. Women: this cake will yield marriage propo...
Awesome cake! We made it with almonds and fresh raspberries, and it was outstanding. I love using cream instead of butter.