Ingredients1 h 45 m servings 821
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour a 10 inch tube pan. Sift together the flour and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 8 candy bars with 1/2 cup margarine, stirring until smooth. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup margarine and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Beat in the flour mixture alternately with the buttermilk, mixing just until incorporated. Stir in cooled chocolate mixture and chopped nuts.
- Pour batter into prepared 10 inch tube pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 40 to 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- To make the Frosting: In a medium saucepan melt remaining 3 candy bars with 1/2 cup margarine. Stir until smooth. Beat in confectioners' sugar to desired thickness.
Per Serving: 821 calories; 37.4 114.6 8.7 68 454 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
Please note: For the frosting to come out right, you need to add 1 tbl of milk. I tried making the frosting twice, throwing out the first attempt because it looked awful, very lumpy and the bu...
this is really good!! I made this for a party and everyone love it
I made this for my friend's Birthday. It was a hit. This cake is delicious! we made it into a trifle with layers of cake, frosting and Milky Way bars. So delicious!
cake turned out really good and tastes wonderful. next time I will sift the powdered sugar before adding.