Ingredients2 h 10 m servings 279
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a casserole dish with butter or oil.
- Place the sweet potato chunks into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl.
- Mash the potatoes with a potato masher. Add the brown sugar, butter, condensed milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt to the mashed potato; beat with a wire whisk until fluffy. Crack the eggs into the bowl and continue whisking until the mixture is light in color; pour into the prepared dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 90 minutes.
- Aluminum foil helps keep food moist, ensures it cooks evenly, keeps leftovers fresh, and makes clean-up easy.
Per Serving: 279 calories; 16.9 30.5 2.5 75 157 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 9
I am an old Kentucky gal who hs been making sweet potatoes like this for over 50 years and so has my family. It tis delicious and easy to do. Thanksgiving would not be Thanksgiving without it. A...
As written, this recipe is absolutely delicious. Just be aware that it isn't the prettiest dish. It is more pudding like than bread like (which is what I originally expected) and the caramelized...
I made this the first time 3 yrs ago for Thanksgiving and now it is requested every year for both Thanksgiving and Christmas!!! Just as a warning, using canned yams works, but it doesn;t taste t...
This was very delicious!! I couldn't get enough of it! I will be making again.
I used 5 medium sized sweet potatoes and kept everything else the same. It just sounded too sweet with a cup of brown sugar, for 1 potato, and to serve 12 people?
I made this dish today for my kids school's fundraiser. It was a great success! I had the first dish to be sold out. I made just a few minor adjustments. I had to make enough for 30 people. I ad...
I loved it! I used half butter, half margarine. My diabetic husband declared it "too sweet". But I spread leftovers on my warm biscuits. Yum!
Made this dish for a dinner party, and it was a huge hit. It was very delicious!