Ingredients2 h servings 458 cals
- Mix together the white and brown sugars in a small bowl.
- Pour half the sugar mixture into a separate mixing bowl and blend with butter, orange zest, and orange juice, and cinnamon. Spread the butter mixture on one side of each slice of bread. Cut each slice of bread in half diagonally. Arrange the bread triangles in an overlapping fashion in an 8x8 inch baking dish with the buttered side down.
- Place the remaining sugar, grated chocolate, milk, cream, and eggs into a blender, and blend until thoroughly mixed. Pour the chocolate mixture over the bread, making sure to evenly cover the bread. Cover and refrigerate the prepared dish for 1 hour.
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake the bread pudding until golden brown and set, 30 to 40 minutes.
Per Serving: 458 calories; 29.8 g fat; 40.7 g carbohydrates; 8.6 g protein; 171 mg cholesterol; 298 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
This is a really nice way to use up day old bread. I was confused by the little amount of orange juice called for in this recipe and like the other reviewers felt it needed more. I juiced one fr...
This is really tasty. I had to try this because I love chocolate and orange paired together. I did use orange extract in the butter mixture instead of orange juice. I also used less about about ...
I used whole grain bread and soy milk. Due to the density of the bread, I added more milk (3/4 cup). The orange flavor wasn't there! Next time, the 3/4 cup will be of orange juice, so I'm sur...