Salsa de Eppinette: A Three-Pepper Inferno
Ingredients35 m servings 16
- Place the stewed tomatoes, garlic, minced habanero pepper, minced jalapeno pepper, minced serrano pepper, and half of the diced onion into a food processor. Process until the mixture has been pureed.
- Peel the carrot, then use the vegetable peeler to cut the carrot into thin shavings. Roughly chop the shaved carrot along with the cilantro leaves. Place the carrot, cilantro, diced canned tomatoes, chopped fresh tomato, green onions, lime juice, vinegar, salt, and black pepper into the food processor. Pulse until the salsa reaches your desired consistency.
- For best results, pour into jars and let sit in refrigerator for 2 to 3 days, but feel free to indulge immediately.
- Cook's Note
- If a large tomato is not available, substitute half a (14.5 ounce) can of tomatoes, drained.
- Instead of the canned tomatoes, you can use 4 cups of fresh tomatoes, peeled, halved with the seeds squeezed out. Use a 1 quart measuring cup for the tomatoes, and pack them in.
Per Serving: 16 calories; 0.1 3.4 0.6 0 257 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
1) 1-3 habaneros for desired hotness (personally, I prefer three; but my wife prefers one); 2) The can of plain diced tomatoes should be drained, reserving the juice; the juice can be added to t...
OMG this is gooood! I'm from San Diego and am really picky with my salsa. This is the real deal. I was a little apprehensive about all the 'heat' but it's not too much. I followed the recipe exa...
I substituted 1 small bhut jolokia and 3 brazilian starfish (aka atomic starfish) for the habanero. Great flavor and nice heat. If you really like it hot include 2 small bhut jolokias. Be warned...
Great salsa! I didn't have the carrot or green onion, so I just threw in a little extra white onion. Also added extra garlic and used italian stewed tomatoes because that is all I had. AMAZING...
SO GOOD! This recipe is perfect for those who their salsas spicy and not chunky! I omit the carrot and cilantro (personal preferance). Be sure to drain both cans of tomatoes. If you like your sa...
Thanks for a great recipe...I didn't have a habanero pepper so I added a couple of chipotle peppers from a can in during step one. It turned out great.