Ingredients1 h 5 m servings 287
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place the butter in 9x13 inch baking dish, and put into the oven until melted, about 3 minutes. Place the blintzes into the baking dish in a single layer on top of the melted butter.
- Whip the egg whites in a bowl until they form soft peaks, about 5 minutes, and set aside.
- Whisk together the egg yolks, sour cream, sugar, vanilla extract, and salt in a large bowl until smooth. Use a rubber spatula or wire whisk to fold 1/3 of the whipped egg whites into the sour cream mixture. Gently run the spatula through the center of the bowl, then around the sides of the bowl, repeating until fully incorporated. Add the remaining whipped egg whites, folding just until incorporated. Pour the mixture over the blintzes in the baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the eggs are set and puffy and the top is golden brown, about 45 minutes.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use either light or full-fat sour cream.
Per Serving: 287 calories; 19.9 20.7 10.4 155 339 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
I took the chance with no reviews and made this for my Sunday school class. I did mess up and bought strawberry filled crepes instead of cheese filled but these still turned out delicious. Two o...
I made this for a house full of guests one morning. Everyone raved! The two year olds wanted more more. It was easy and delicious. My only problem was finding a store that carried cheese blintze...
This is a delicious recipe that lends itself to many personal variations. For example, I used cherry blintzes, and substituted low fat sour cream and sweetener. The only change I really had to m...
FF Sour Cream works fine, too. If you can't find cheese blintzes you can substitute any other flavor. Or, in a pinch, if you can't find ANY blintzes, use a can of pie filling underneath the sou...
I served mine with heated blueberry pie filling on the side- yum! This is even better than my mother-in-law's recipe, but I'd call it Cheese Blintz Soufflé. I did find that there was some extr...