Ingredients45 m servings 1031 cals
- Preheat an oven to 300 degrees F (150 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Beat egg whites until foamy in a large glass or metal mixing bowl. Gradually add the sugar, continuing to beat until medium peaks form. Lift your beater or whisk straight up: the tip of the peak formed by the egg whites should curl over slightly. Fold in cayenne pepper and salt. Add the pecans and stir until coated. Spread the mixture evenly on the parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10 minutes, then turn the pecan pieces. Bake another 10 minutes until toasted. Remove from oven and let cool about 15 minutes.
- Mound two cups of salad greens on each plate. Sprinkle each serving with 1/4 cup Gorgonzola cheese, then drizzle with a teaspoon of hazelnut oil. Top each salad with a cup of toasted pecans.
- Cook's Note:
- You can use baby mixed greens instead of arugula, if you prefer.
Per Serving: 1031 calories; 95.3 g fat; 34.6 g carbohydrates; 21.9 g protein; 45 mg cholesterol; 754 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 6
This is my first recipe submission, so I wanted to add a couple of comments. First, my original recipe uses baby arugula, which gives it even more flavor. Since it is hard to find in some stores...
Overall a tasty salad. With my first bite, I kind of missed the acidity and thought I'd like it more with the addition of vinegar or lemon juice. The more I ate it, the more I liked it as is. I ...
This salad is so simple yet delicious! I was afraid my husband wouldn't like it because he usually doesn't like this type of cheese, but he loved it as much as I did. I have made this with spr...
Perfect combination of flavors, complex enough to make guests think I spent a bunch of time on it, when in fact I hardly spent any time in the kitchen fixing this dish at all! Thanks for the sub...