Ingredients25 m servings 395 cals
- In a saucepan bring salted water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to low, cover and simmer--without stirring--for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and chill until cold.
- In a medium bowl, mix together pineapple, strawberries, peaches, a heaping cup of the cold rice, raisins and coconut. Set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whip together cream, sugar, vanilla, ginger and salt until stiff. Fold in rice mixture, and stir in 1/4 cup slivered almonds.
- Spoon mixture onto lettuce leaf beds, and sprinkle each portion with 1/4 cup sliced almonds.
- Cook's Note:
- This salad is delicious made with either white or brown rice. You may substitute pears for the peaches, as well.
Per Serving: 395 calories; 17.2 g fat; 56.6 g carbohydrates; 6.4 g protein; 34 mg cholesterol; 42 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 10
A very "Tasty" dish, light and refreshing. Adding ginger to the whipcream creats a unique delight to the taste buds. A must for any summertime "Pot-Luck" dish.
I added fresh blueberries and left the raisins out. This salad was great - I will add even more fruit next time! It would also be good in the winter with canned and/or frozen fruits.
Warning: makes A LOT as presented. It says serves 6, but it serves closer to twelve. Unless you're taking it to a pot luck, I recommend halving or even quartering the amounts. Otherwise, VERY...
I have made frog-eye salad for every family dinner for the past decade. This time I made this instead, and everyone loved it! I left out the almonds, but added a little almond extract, and used ...
I love it. I also added Blueberries, and a little Almond flavor to the Heavy cream. It was wonderful.
this is a delicious & light fruit salad that is easy to bring along to picnics!
I brought this to a dessert potluck and it was a huge hit-- probably because it's delicious without being full of chocolate and sugar. It's very light (rich desserts aren't my thing) and easy to...