Ingredients1 h 10 m servings 571 cals
- Boil lasagna noodles per box directions.
- Meanwhile, saute ground beef and/or pork until lightly browned; drain grease from pan. In separate pan, saute onion and garlic in olive oil; add carrots and celery.
- When finished, combine meat, vegetables, and 1 jar of Newman's Own Marinara with Mushrooms Pasta Sauce (Newman's Own Garlic Red and Green Pepper is also terrific in this recipe either added or to be used rather than the Mushrooms sauce).
- Line baking pan with one layer of noodles; spread meat and veggie mixture; add another layer of noodles and add ricotta cheese (you can also mix the ricotta with a jar of Newman's Own Bombalina sauce for a great twist); place last layer of noodles and spread a thin layer of meat, sauce, and veggie mix; top with grated parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.
Per Serving: 571 calories; 22.9 g fat; 55.2 g carbohydrates; 36.3 g protein; 92 mg cholesterol; 554 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 8
If you are looking for a lasagna recipe that isn't too heavy, this is the one for you! A nice balance with plenty of veggies. I ate it the same day, it would be better prepared ahead and reheate...
Love it! This is the first time I've made a lasagna, and it's the best lasagna I've had! I did alter the recipe, though. I used 1 lb sweet and 1 lb spicy italian bulk chicken sausage instead ...
This is a great. My carrots were a little crunchy and I added spinach since we are such fans here. It was a hit with the older people in my group but the kids did not like the veggies in their l...
I made this for a friend who said that it was a big hit with her family. The two kinds of meat added interest.
This was ok, but I found it lacked some flavour. I usually add crumbled spicy sausage meat to my lasagnas, and both the hubby and I agreed that my normal addition of sausage meat would make thi...
I lost my old lasagna recipe, and this one looked like a perfect replacement. It turned out quite well, although I made a few changes. I used no-boil noodles, because that's what I had on hand, ...