Simple Citrus Pie
Ingredients7 h 15 m servings 492
- Wash the oranges, lemon, and lime thoroughly and slice as thinly as possible. Combine the sliced fruit, 2 cups of the sugar and the nutmeg in a large bowl. Toss to combine. Let stand for at least 2 hours or up to overnight, stirring occasionally.
- Preheat an oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Beat eggs in a small bowl. Line a 9 inch pie pan with one half of the prepared pastry. Remove the sliced fruit from the bowl and arrange in the crust, leaving any accumulated juices behind. Pour the beaten eggs over fruit.
- Place the top crust on the pie, crimp the edges, and poke decorative holes to vent. Brush crust with milk and sprinkle with the remaining 2 teaspoons of sugar.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Reduce the oven heat to 350 degrees F and bake pie until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean, about 35 additional minutes.
- Allow pie to cool and refrigerate. Serve cold.
Per Serving: 492 calories; 17.7 80.3 6.7 93 270 Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 4
No, DO NOT peel the fruit first... Leaving the rinds on gives it a much more interesting color and texture... Sorry about the vagueness.
This sounds like a variation of Shaker Lemon Pie, which I have made and everyone found delicious. I haven't made the Citrus Pie yet, but I will. P.S. I wonder if the person who thought the recip...
instructions are either unclear, or the makings are not compatable.