Ingredients55 m servings 435 cals
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Grease a 1 1/2 or 2 quart casserole dish.
- In a small bowl, combine baking mix with 2/3 cup milk and knead until the dough pulls together. Turn the dough onto a floured surface and form into a rectangle 1/4 to 1/2 inches thick. Arrange 1/2 of the pimento cheese and the pimentos on the dough and roll up the dough lengthwise. Cut the roll into 6 equal portions.
- In a large saucepan, cook onions and bell pepper in butter until soft.
- Pour soup into the saucepan, along with 1 cup milk, tuna, and 1/2 of the pimento cheese. Cook the mixture over a medium heat until the cheese is melted. Pour the mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Arrange the 6 slices of dough, cut-side down, on top of the sauce in the casserole dish. Push the dough into the sauce.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes or until whirls are golden brown.
Per Serving: 435 calories; 24.7 g fat; 33 g carbohydrates; 20.4 g protein; 57 mg cholesterol; 1463 mg sodium. Full nutrition
ReviewsRead all reviews 3
This recipe turned out GREAT!!! I used grated mild cheddar cheese instead of the pimento loaf, and i set the whirls and sauce on top of freshly steamed vegetables. I will definately use this rec...
Good flavor, but the sauce part was way too soupy. I'd try it with another can of condensed soup instead of the milk. Also, maybe it's just me, but my biscuit swirls didn't turn out at all swi...